Update Samsung Galaxy Note with Android ICS 4.0.3 ZCPL1 Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Note the phablet has got one amazing Android ICS build for itself. The users who are still on the Android 2.3 Firmware can update to this build to enjoy the Android ICS Taste on your device. If you’re running the rooted firmware then the device will be unrooted upon the installation of this Custom ROM, the ROM is ZCPL1 build. Please note that the update can be applied to both Galaxy Note variants,Galaxy Note i9220 and the Galaxy Note N7000.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an unofficial update and has to be flashed to the Mobile phone using the ODIN Flashing tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy Note i9220/N7000, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download Android ICS 4.0.3 Firmware and ODIN Tool. After the download is complete, extract the files inside the zip archive.
- Run the ODIN application and Turn off the device and boot into download mode, download mode on Galaxy Note can be accessed by Pressing and Holding Volume Down + OK + Power button.
- Connect your device to your computer, On the ODIN window there will be ID:COM section that will turn yellow , this will confirm that your device has been successfully connected to the computer.
- Now, click on the PDA Tab and select “I9220LP1-N7000-ICS-REPACK-1.tar” and kick “Start”
- Turn off your note again and boot up in recovery mode, recovery mode can on Galaxy Note can be accessed by Pressing and Holding Volume UP + OK Button + Power Button
- Once it is complete. Once you’re on the Recovery Screen. Perform a full wipe, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selection “Yes“. Select “Wipe Cache” and confirm by selecting “yes“, and after that go to Advanced >> “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and confirm again by selecting “yes“.
- Go back and select “reboot system now“.
You’ve successfully installed Android 4.0.3 ICS on Galaxy Note.