An Android 4.3 test firmware for the Galaxy Note II (GT-N1700) – N7100XXUEMI6 – has been leaked by tinhte.vn forum member HappyKing, which was then later posted on XDA forums by rayblo. N7100XXUEMI6 is the first ever Android 4.3 leak for the Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100).
It’s a pretty early build because Samsung has just started testing Android 4.3 for the Galaxy Note II a week ago, in total there are only three test builds compiled by Samsung for the Note II. So keep in mind that there might be a few bugs here and there, so make sure to backup all your stuff before flashing this test firmware on your device.
In the Android 4.3 update, Samsung has updated the core UI elements to more like Galaxy S4/Note 3′s interface, including the tabbed settings. Samsung has included many new features in the Android 4.3 update, many taken from the Galaxy S4/Note 3. Samsung Knox and Samsung Wallet are also present in this test firmware. Android 4.3 update is still under heavy development and Samsung may add more features before rolling out the official update itself.
- This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
- This test firmware is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung.
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add AP_N7100XXUEM16_CP_N7100XXEM16_CSC_N7100XAEM16_BY_WVAZ_DINK.tar to AP
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!